I honestly don't even want to look at my July Goals list because I'm really worried that its going to be as big of a bust as my June Goal list was. Ugh. But here goes nothing.. July Goals recap..
- Have a yard sale. Done! Thank goodness.
- Read THREE books. Uh nope. I read 1. What has been going on with my reading lately?!
- Job Search until I find one. Rawr. Done, technically. I've been searching, been writing resumes like crazy, but I still don't have a new job.
- #payitforward I'm going to call this done, even though my pay it forward won't go into effect until next week, which is August.
- Paint gallary wall frames. Done!
- Install a new shower head. Done!
- Hang something on my bedroom walls. Nope. Totally forgotten.
- Do something spontaneous. Done!
- Continue 5k training. Done!
- Celebrate my sister's birthday and attempt to surprise her. Done!
- Do a Pinterest project. Done! Reese's Cup Martini!
- Cook THREE new recipes. Done! This one was easy, peasy!
- Limit fast food to ONCE a week for the whole month! I really want to count this one as done, but I had fast food twice last week. Otherwise this was easy too! I'm giving this a half done.
Okay, so next up.. August Goals. (side note: i don't know what it is about corn fields that makes me so freaking happy right now, but i love them. must be the indiana girl in me)
- Do something spontaneous
- Complete #Running4Maggie 5k (August 6th-11th)
- Hang something on my bedroom walls
- Organize a new daily planner for myself
- Don't use the snooze button on my alarm clock for the whole month!
- Get completely caught up and up to date at the CPA office
- Create a weekly tradition to do with my best friend.
- Take the time and effort to really "nurture" my friendships.
- Limit fast food to once a week, for real, this month!
- Really work on simplifying things in my life. (sometimes i can make things a much bigger ordeal than they really are)
- Do things the minute I say I am going to do them or I would like to do them. No procrastinating.
So obviously, this month I'm focusing a little less on tangible goals like Pinterest projects and reading books and a little more on bettering myself as a person, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a coworker, etc.
I'm not perfect and I truly have no aspirations to ever become perfect, but I can be better than I was yesterday. I can be better than I was in 2012 and I can be better than I was in March. I can be better.
Who else is making August Goals? Share them with me! I love hearing them every month!