Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Master of Avoidance; Jack of No Trades

**first of all, thank you to everyone who gave an opinion or advice yesterday! I plan on having a nice long chat with my coworker very soon. I can't have her dating a serial killer.**



Yesterday to avoid writing another cover letter for another job that I don't really want, I was blog hopping.

This is where I click on a blog and then click on everyone they have on their sidebar. I usually read their about me, read a couple posts, and if they have a "popular" section, read some of those. If I'm interested, I click the little button that says "follow" and I've added another blog to stalk while I'm avoiding writing cover letters.

So during my clicky clickity clack adventures, I stumbled onto Samm at Dysfunctional Ever After. She almost had me by the title of her blog alone. I mean hello, some people just have the best blog titles. Anyway, I digress. She had a one-line About Me:


"I'm Samm. I can't get my shit together so I blog."

Hi Samm, you just read my dang mind. I can't manage to get my shit together either, so I ramble on and on and on and on and on here, with the best of intentions.

Of course then I started thinking about Tami's post yesterday. She's another person who totally read my mind. What do I want to do with my life? I don't know. And that's a scary thing to admit sometimes.


I honestly and truly believe that I won't be happy until I'm working for myself in one capacity or another. Whether that simply just means being my own boss or owning my own business. What kind of business would I like to own, you ask? I don't know. How awful is that?

Regardless, owning my own business or working for myself is not possible at this time. Duh. So I'm stuck settling finding something that I can enjoy for now. Again, easier said than done. To say I'm feeling discouraged, is a bit of an understatement.



Now people say "follow your dreams" or "anything is possible if you just work for it", but honestly, that's bullshit. Following your dreams works for about 20% of the population, everyone else has real bills and real things they have to pay for, so "following their dreams" isn't really feasible. Anything is possible if I just work for it? No. Sometimes you can work and work and work, and still not get what you want. Thems the breaks, kid.

When did I turn into Miss Cynical Cindy? Right about the time reality slapped me in the face. You want to talk about something bringing somebody down? Well let me just tell you, I'm feeling all kinds of brought down. It sucks and I'd really like to be Miss Positive Patty again.

My dad asked me why I've been so "snotty" lately. Well here you go, Daddy. 

Maybe I'll transform again when I finally get a new "for now" job that I hate while following my dreams.
 photo xokay_zpsf8e62ec8.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Girl after my own heart. I've been at my current job for almost 6 years. I've convinced myself to leave every single year, and I'm still here. This isn't what I want to do and that's why I'm still in school, but honestly some days I get really discouraged and feel like it's never going to end. That I'll be stuck here forever and that makes me incredibly unhappy. I'm crossing my fingers that isn't the case for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this all the time. I don't believe that everyone can have their dream job. Some people need to make money to have their dream hobbies. I work to have fun outside of work, but I don't know if that's the right approach either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good things come to those who hustle!! you'll find your calling... and then once you've found yours, come find mine. kthanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...