Thursday, May 1, 2014

Honey Roasted

Honestly? I struggled writing this post. I stared at a blank page for a really long time. I could probably sit and roast myself all day long, but honey roast? Listing my strengths and only the parts of me I like all over the interwebs? And to do it without feeling like you're bragging? Tough stuff.

That's when I realized how awesome this link-up is. I had to actually sit down and type up nice things about myself and it was refreshing and a really good way to start off May. So here you go, my Honey Roast.

HTML Map

>> I have good teeth and a nice smile. It's what I get the most compliments on and I do get them frequently.


>> I can be moderately funny. People outside of my family think I'm funnier than people in my family, because in my family I have to compete with my sister, who is really funny. But I have been told I'm hilarious a time or two.

>> I'm good at applying makeup. On myself I think I do a decent job, but I'm really pretty good at doing someone else's makeup.

>> I'm very accepting. We don't need to have the same religion or political views for us to be friends. Your sexual orientation doesn't change things in the slightest for me and the color of you skin is such a non-issue that it barely registers in my brain. You might be a cat person where I'm a dog person and we can still be friends.

>> I'm a good listener. It's something my friends have said to me many times, that they always come talk to me because I'm good at listening.

>> I am so good at making posters. You know in school when you had to make posters for a presentation or a project? I am like Queen of the Posters. That's not even a humble brag, that's straight up bragging. I won an award once.. (in 4th grade)

>> If you ask me for a favor, 99.5% of the time if I can do it, then I'm going to do it.

>> In a pinch, I could change my own tire. It's happened.




So, that was really hard. It makes me a little sad how hard that was. Especially since I'm having trouble thinking of anything else, which is a downer.
I'll update through the day if I think of anything.

In the meantime, link up your own Honey Roast below! I'd love to read yours! 
The Best of Intentions



14 comments:

  1. It is hard to come up with things you like about yourself, but you're beautful and you do have a great smile!

    Glad we can still be friends since I own a cat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a great smile! And I love having friends who can do makeup well since I am a lost cause ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have some awesome teeth, you're more than welcome to do my make up and I probably couldn't change a flat tire if my life depended on it. I've actually had a flat tire and I had to call my brother to come do it. Whoops.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a very pretty smile and nice straight teeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good! I love the concept. And I could have used you in 4th grade. I was always the kid who would do every letter perfect until like, the last two because I was running out of space so they were uber squished on one side

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of this link up! And these are all definitely good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's almost scary how women often don't give themselves enough credit! this honey roast needs to happen on the regular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was one of the first things I thought to myself upon seeing your picture and reading your blog. "She has a great smile. I totally want to meet her and be her friend." And that probably sounds way creepier than it did in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have maybe the best smile ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a fun linkup!! I loved it!! I am new to your blog and I look forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would take me awhile to come up with some good things as well. Thats a double great thing that you can change your own tire though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Brooke said - this should be something we do once a week whether we post it to the internet or not so that we can start appreciating our qualities. Love your pretty smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You *do* have great teeth and a great smile. And I love what you said about getting along with people. I love being around a diverse group of people.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...