Tough It Out Tuesday with Allie and I to be exact.
Shout out to Allie for reminding me which day of the week it was so that I could this post together. Because I had totally forgotten. Hands in too many pots at the moment.
Last week on TIOT we had honesty hour and I told you guys I didn't love working out. It's a whole week later and guess what? I still don't. Thank you guys for understanding and being fabulous though. Seriously, the fabulousness of bloggers will never get old for me. Last week in the comments a lot of people were saying that the more I worked out the easier it would get at the more I'd like it. Well, I'm inclined to believe that because of something else I realized last week.
It started in the Fall when I decided I was going to drink 64oz of water a day. It took a few months, but without realizing it I was able to drink 64oz of water a day without putting too much thought into it. In March I really started noticing how quickly I drank the 64oz and how many ounces I was drinking above that every day without thinking about it. Pretty soon I outgrew my 64oz of water a day goal. This past month I gave myself the new goal of 100oz of water a day.
Harder. Much harder.
I have to be very purposeful about my drinking habits and I really try to drink my original 64oz a day before noon. I find it is much easier to get all 100oz of water into my day by drinking the majority in the morning. It helps that I don't drink soda. I hate Diet Coke and honestly the only kinds of soda I like are Sprite and Root Beer. I only drink those if I'm mixing it with alcohol. I've always been like that, so it definitely helped that I didn't have a soda addiction I had to kick in order to up my water intake. I like water and I always have. I also really like milk and juice (cranberry juice is a mouth full of joy), but I try to drink those very sparingly. Basically I'm a toddler.
As far as how often I have to use the restroom.. Yea, it's a lot. However, I primarily work in an office, so I kind of welcome the excuse to get up and move around and go to the restroom. It isn't good for me to sit down for such long periods of time anyway, so using the restroom is the perfect excuse to get up and get moving. It honestly doesn't bother me anymore.
I've read and I'm sure you've read a hundred different articles on the benefits of drinking X amount of ounces of water a day. There are several and if you type it into Pinterest you'll find even more articles. Today I just want to touch on a few that I've personally noticed.
- Clearer skin. I never had a bad acne problem before, but I did get frequent breakouts around my chin. I wouldn't say the problem is gone, but it's definitely been improved. A lot.
- Brighter skin. This is something I notice most on days I don't drink enough water. I can always tell a difference, especially if I have a couple days in a row of bad water drinking. This is one of my favorite perks.
- Lack of over-eating. I'm usually full on water, so I don't have problems over-eating.
- Knowing the difference between thirst and hunger. This one took me a little while to develop, but now I'm really good about knowing when I'm actually hungry and when I'm just thirsty. Sometimes my body sends out mixed signals and I'm really glad I figured this one out.
- Skinny fingers. Okay, so I don't have actual skinny fingers, however they are thinner when I'm drinking a lot of water. Sodium is bad, my friends.
All of this is just to say - Drink Water.
Start small and start with #64ouncesAday.
Once that becomes your normal, move on up to #100ouncesAday with me.
I can promise you that this is one Healthy Lifestyle "trick" that will not disappoint you. That is absolutely a promise I can keep. Need encouragement? #100ouncesAday (or #64ouncesAday if you're just starting) to me and I'll be right there with you. I also have Jessi who keeps me on track for my own #100ouncesAday and I recommend getting on her bandwagon ASAP.
Happy Tuesday and please drink some water!