Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday - The Don't Make It Complicated Edition

Hello! Tough It Out Tuesday time. You know the drill by now, I'm hoping! I have a couple of things I want to talk about and I've saved all of them for today. Buckle up.


The Best Of Intentions

I have something that's really been on my mind the last week and I've wrestled with whether or not I should even write about it. I'm going to, but I just wanted you to be aware that I've wrestled with this decision. Part of that anxiety mess I discussed yesterday, I'm sure.

I do and always have read a lot of weight loss and fitness blogs. I love them and I learn so much from them. Lots of what to-do and what not to-dos. I think they're great and I have zero intention of quitting them. Having said that, I think it's easy for people to compare themselves to all of those bloggers. It's incredibly easy to play that game and it's a dangerous game to play with a slippery, slippery slop. 

I have a tendency to make things a lot more complicated than they need to be. It's a really bad habit that I have and I've spent a lot of time this year working on that. It's a work in progress. I think because I read so many weight loss and fitness blogs and because I'm so addicted to Pinterest, I was trying to combine everything I had learned. I was trying to mimic every. single. blog. that I read so I could get those same results.

I was doing too much and I was burning myself out.

I mean, it's that simple - It was too much. I was getting discouraged and I was exhausting myself trying to be everyone except for me. It wasn't working. SO, I've spent the last 2 weeks figuring out how to simplify this whole fitness and healthy eating thing. I think it's working.

I spent that last 2 weeks finding things I liked and learning how to enjoy working out.
Here's one thing I did - I HIGHLY recommend checking out Brooke's blog for workouts. She posts them constantly and I just printed a few out and chose at random the one I was going to do that day.
These are my 3 favorites -


one // two // three

I did those 3 workouts several times. I love the March Madness circuit, but I also kind of hate it, if that makes sense. It hurts me. The 3rd workout is becoming my favorite morning workout. I'm a big fan and Brooke is pretty legit.

Now I'm looking for a good arm workout. I have wimpy arms. Like "I can't open the pickle jar" arms. Time to address that issue. And also tank top season is about here and so yea, it's time. If you have any, send them my way. *cough* Brooke *cough*


The Best Of Intentions


I'd love to see you all link up with Allie and I below and just remember - THE most important thing is that you're happy and you're working on reaching your own goals. To hell with everyone else.


10 comments:

  1. Yoga! i just youtube "yoga arms" and lots of fast workouts come up and they are great! and on instagram @beach_yoga_girl_ is doing a 30 Days to Handstand challenge with different arm workouts to get ready for a handstand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely been known to make things more complicated than what they are, especially in the healthy living part of my life. Its very easy to get burnt out when you go all hardcore in the beginning. Then the weekend comes and you don't keep up your eating habits or working out then when Monday rolls around you have zero motivation. Such a vicious cycle. I think you're on the right track though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to figure out what works for YOU because what works for everyone else may not work for you and likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke IS the best and I'm really proud of you for taking it back to the basics. Stress is counterproductive to all of the other good things you're doing for yourself. I hear you on the March Madness Circuit - anything w/ Burpees & mountain climbers is like a frenemy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For arms: curls and triceps extensions. Sometimes I throw in a squat with curls. (squat, come up, curl, repeat). Arm raises / rows for shoulders and back. Dead lifts for lower back. I could go on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My old trainer had me do this amazing arm/shoulder routine. I still do it cause it works!

    Standing with a 3-5lb weight in each hand, arms at your side. Slowly-ish raise your arms in front of you (keep them straight!) until parallel with the floor and hold for 2 seconds. keeping your arms parallel, slowly-ish swing them out to the side and hold for 2 seconds. Then Slowly-ish bring them back down to starting position.
    3 sets of 12-15 and you will feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES :) heart this one and you !!! and as for arms. I will make you an awesome arm workout to get you swollllle so you can open that damn jar

    ReplyDelete
  8. its easy to get caught up in the hype and want to do so much pinterest overwhelms me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW dear I was given the Liebster Award and mentioned you! http://heartoflife07.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you said makes total sense. I think that is my problem. I'm trying to do everything I see/read. Whether it's what to eat/not eat, what workouts to do, when to work out, etc. I just need to decide what I'm going to do and do it, not try to do it all, which usually means I end up doing nothing. You are totally right, and thanks for pointing it out for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...