Friday, January 30, 2015

TV Addicts Resource List || TV Friday

Before I say anything else today I want to send a big huge THANK YOU hug to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday. When I wrote my first blog post I had no idea that I'd find so many wonderful and amazing people and that those wonderful and amazing people would end up being important pieces of my life. The sappiness is so real right now, but I can't even help it!! I came home last night to find flowers in front of my door from sweet, sweet Allie and I may or may not have cried. It's those little things, guys. This blogging thing is so awesome.


25 is lookin gooooooood.

Now, I know I said I was going to have a birthday post for you guys yesterday, but that didn't happen. Because I couldn't decide what to write, so I just didn't. Moving on..

It's TV Friday!


One of my in-real-life friends asked me last week how I always know so many things about the TV shows we watch together.
Answer #1 - Because I'm an addict.
Answer #2 - I do my research.

If you've been a reader for a while, then you know my ultimate, ultimate goal in life is to know a little about a lot, just enough to make me dangerous. I also truly enjoy reading about TV shows and Television related things. I'm going to share some of my favorite sites and let you in on all of my secrets. This is a big deal.

#1 - TV.com
This website is almost my holy grail. It has a little bit of everything I'm looking for. On the homepage it shows the TV schedule for the night, which is such a cool feature. But my favorite, favorite parts are all of the episode reviews. There are always a ton of community posts too that are fabulous, fabulous. They always post any news about TV shows, like cancellations, renews, casting changes, etc. I'm also addicted to their round-up posts like "Top 11 ****" and "Top 10 drama shows of 2014" and "Your Everything Guide To ***".
I probably check this website every day. Ain't no shame in my game.

#2 - Wikia
This one is a little more specific depending on what TV show you watch. Most TV shows have their own Wikia or Wiki page. Such as the Supernatural Wiki (which is just oh my god, amazing if you like supernatural) or the One Tree Hill Wikia. Those are the last two I visited, which is why they're the two examples I'm showing you because they're on my brain, but really a ton of TV shows have them. Fans run them and they are always FULL of information. Trivia, to episode quotes, to breaking down a character, to just everything.

#3 - imdb.com
If you don't know about imdb, then you need to figure out your life.

#4 - Google
Honestly, I wasn't going to add this to the list, because how obvious, right? But it's the honest truth. Quickly typing in a TV show into Google, especially the day after an episode aired, will give you awesome results. I do it all the time! I especially LOVE when that Google search leads me to someone's blog post. Heaven.

#5 - Twitter
Girl, have you ever searched your favorite TV show on Twitter? What are you doing with your life?! A quick little #TVD search and I'm lost deep into the hole of Twitter life. This can back-fire on you though. Last night I clicked on #Parenthood and I decided that that was a terrible idea approximately 15 seconds after I did it because it was just full of tweets about crying. Also, side note, I'm glad Parenthood is over now so that soon Netflix will have the whole series on there and I can jump on that bandwagon.
Because day-late-dollar-short is my middle name.

Now I also have to tell you guys if you're reading my TV Fridays posts, I'm assuming you have at least a small TV addiction. First step is admitting you have a problem, it's ok. But if you do have a TV addiction, then you need to take your butt over to Becca.
I can not, CAN NOT even tell you how serious I am about this, but you need to be reading her.

On that note, I have to go, because I have a lot of TV to watch. I need to get on Becca's level. The struggle.


6 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for all the seasons on Parenthood on Netflix too... I'd much rather binge watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twitter is a blessing + a curse. because we're always operating on the DVR delay -- so sometimes it's the worst because you'll see a tweet that says "CAN YOU BELIEVE A IS SO AND SO #PLL"

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Parenthood binge is in my near future too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers turned on SO pretty! I'm glad you love them :) Also. I'm gonna call you Queen Tellie from now on because it just seems like the right thing to do. Also. You will not regret Parenthood AT ALL. And I hope you didn't read my post today, cause oops if you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3,4,5 yes!!! I use those all the time haha Now twitter I avoid when I miss one of my shows because hello to spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, love the bouquet! Happy (belated) birthday!
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...