Monday, January 19, 2015

Don't Jinx It! || The Weekend Story

One of my friends and I have this one joke we always say with each other. When we were first 21 and we went to the bars all of the time, sometimes we'd say things like "Yea, I'll go out tonight, but I don't want to stay out too late" or "Yea, let's go out, but I'm not going to drink very much tonight". Without fail, every single time we made that declaration, the opposite happened. Nights we said we weren't going to stay out late? We'd close the bar. Nights we weren't going to drink very much? We'd be calling for rides home.

So, any time either of us says something like that, the other one always says "don't jinx it!" because those are always the nights things don't go as we plan them. Which brings me to this past weekend.

Friday afternoon I made all of my plans for the whole weekend and they involved getting a lot of stuff done at my apartment, alone, by myself. I had planned to only leave my apartment to get some quick drinks with friends Saturday night and Sunday I was going to try out a new church with a friend and then a quick Bridal Show thing. Friday afternoon I said "I really want to have a relaxing weekend of doing nothing" and that is when I should have said "DON'T JINX IT!".

Instead of getting some work done on my computer and relaxing on Friday night, my sister called and I talked to her on the phone for 3 and 1/2 hours while cleaning my bathroom, reorganizing my makeup, sorting through my closet for clothes to take to Goodwill, and dusting my bookcases. Because we're excellent multi-taskers like that.


Saturday is really where my plans went awry.
While on the phone with my sister the night before she decided to drive the 2 hours back home from school for the weekend, since she didn't have classes on Monday and all of her roommates were gone for the weekend, so she was bored. Well, when she got into town the 2 of us took our younger brother to the mall and shopping with us. This turned into a 4 hour ordeal. By the time I got home (with an embarrassing amount of new B&BW candles) I was in a rush to get ready to leave for some quick drinks with 2 of my girlfriends.  

We went to a downtown winery bar, so we were sitting drinking wine and they're trying to convince me to go to another bar with them for a few more drinks "just for a little while". So I finally agreed, but I said "I'll go, but I really don't want to stay out late". My friend that knows the joke looked at me and laughed out loud after I said that and I knew, I KNEW saying that was a huge mistake.

I had jinxed myself.

We walk to another bar, get a drink, and I get a text. A number I don't have in my phone saying "Are you not even going to say hi?" Uh.. Who are you? Come to find out, it was one of my old guy friends who I hadn't seen in probably 2 years! We were really good friends in high school and the early college years, but then life happened and we both were doing different things and yada yada yada. Well he had seen me across the bar and still had my number, so he texted me. It was his birthday (which i remembered right away by the way, because i'm a crazy person who remembers birthdays really well) and we all got to talking, reminiscing, catching up, and before you know it? It's 3am. Bars are closing.

Kryssy, Krystal, and Brenda - Our alter egos.

We end up back at his house and he cooks us eggs - Exhibit A


Somehow, we don't end up back at my apartment until 5:30am. Yea, that happened. Do you know the last time I stayed awake until 5:30am? A long time ago, because I'm an old lady now.

I woke up at 8:30am to get ready to try out a new church with a friend (this is probably a whole separate post). After church I went to lunch with my friend, her fiancé, and her parents. Then my friend and I went to a Bridal Show for 2.5 hours.

I was IN LOVE with this table setting

We get back into town and we both need groceries, so we go grocery shopping together, and then finally, I'm back at my apartment at 6pm.

My nice relaxing weekend by myself turned into anything but. And I couldn't be happier about it! Good memories that I'll remember for years and years, instead of a weekend I'd forget in a month.


However, it's 7:45pm, I'm running on less than 3 hours of sleep, and I'm going to breakfast with my dad in the morning and then I have a very full work day ahead of me. So, that's why you're getting this post instead of the post I had planned to write and prep this weekend, because I'm going to bed as soon as I type this last sentence.

What a weekend.

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekend (even though it totally wasn't planned like that)! Sometimes those are the best kind of weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl! So much for your downtime weekend! Ha, ha! But it sounds like you had a really fun time & that's what is important.

    By the way, those are cupcakes?!?! No way! : o

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does it make me laugh that he made you eggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you jinxed yourself but what a fun weekend lol

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...