Friday, February 28, 2014

Wallbanger - Blogger Book Club

It is approximately 12:47am on Thursday night and I'm currently re-writing my Blogger Book Club February book review. Even though I worked a 15 hour day and my alarm will be going off Friday morning at 4:45am for a 5:30am workout. Yea, I'm throwing myself a little pity party, feel free to join me - bring booze.
Any-hooo, I know on Monday I promised a super hilarious review on the February BBC book and let me tell you, my original post was hilarious. HOWEVER, I can't post that. I just had a lot of time to think about it and earlier tonight I decided I needed to re-write it and... tone it down a bit, I guess you could say. So, I'm just going to start from scratch and make this short and sweet... and boring.
Then I'm announcing March's BBC book!

Let's start with the basics.. For anyone new, click here and read a little more about Blogger Book Club.
It's good stuff, you should join.
Now let's start with February's book...

By Alice Clayton


GoodReads Summary - 
The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she's gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor's nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy's athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women. And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly...

In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight...


The Good - 
Everything.
No, really.. This book doesn't pretend to be anything that it's not and I loved it. The character I thought for sure I was going to dislike I ended up completely loving! The side characters were interesting, but didn't overshadow the main characters.
There were multiple sections where the story was told through text conversations. Loved that.
Also a whole chapter that is told through several character's inner thoughts and it's hilarious!
THEN, Oh thennnnn there was a page and a half at the very end of the book that I laughed so hard during! It was honestly the perfect ending!
Also this might be the first book for BBC that has a HAPPY ENDING. Crazy shit.
I also loved, loved, loved that the author made pretty much all of the characters super huge smartasses. That is SO my cup of tea! I actually want to read more of this author because her dialogue and writing style is so the way I would write if I were writing a book.
The nicknames. Unless you read the book, you're probably thinking "what the hell?" but there are several nicknames throughout the book and it's absolutely something my friends and I would do/have done.

The Bad -
Slightly unrealistic and incredibly predictable, but like I said, this book doesn't pretend to be anything that it's not. It didn't promise me a HUGE twist and it didn't promise that it was going to make me do some serious soul searching after I turned the last page. So this barely falls under "the bad" category.
I can't actually think of anything else to put under here..

Final Thoughts - 
Not only do I recommend this book, but it's also a book I will read again! It was a quick and easy read, it made me laugh out loud, and I closed the book after the final page with a smile on my face. Refreshing.
Also, did I mention that all of her characters were huge smartasses? Loved that.

WHAT DID YOU THINK?!
Link up below and let me know! 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

March.
I know I'm late jumping onto this band wagon, but my mom has been nagging me to read this book, so I'm making it the March book choice so that I will finally do it.
I also figured that with a movie coming out soon and it's popularity that anyone who hasn't read it could read it with me!
I now present to you the Blogger Book Club book choice for March 2014..


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

We will be linking up for The Fault In Our Stars on Friday, March 28th
Be here or be... there. What? I don't know.. 

The Best of Intentions


Also, two things - Did I link back to the Blogger Book Club page enough? (wink wink nudge nudge) and this link up will be open for 2 more weeks, just a heads up! So go read this book NOW if you haven't already and then write a review and link up! If you let me know you've done it late, I'll give some shout outs to you to drive more traffic to your blog!
Third thing - It is now 1:33am and I'm finished! Boom. Bedtime.


8 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to reading next month's book. It has been on my to-read list for awhile now. I had a hard time with the current book. Not that it was bad but some parts were a little sillier than I would have liked, bordering on immature. But it was a fast and quick read, light hearted and funny. I really ending up liking Simon by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted mine too! It had been so long since I read the book and actually finished writing the post, I had to go back and read several parts of the book. My memory sucks lately. Anyway -LOVED this selection, way to go! :) I also haven't read the book for next month, so that will be new to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read the book, but I want to say Happy end of February!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely forgot to write my review for this book so I'll have to post it another day this weekend, but I felt the same way as you. I LOVED the book. It was a fun, easy read & like you, I love the smartass quality to everyone. It did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will LOVE The Fault in Our Stars. LOVE. You laugh, you cry, everything. And the movie. I can't wait to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read The Fault in Our Stars yet although it is definitely on my to read list. This gives me incentive to actually do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the book, but looking forward to the March book, I've heard lots of good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have several students reading The Fault in Our Stars because our librarian has recommended it to them. Several more have already read it, so word is out at my middle school that it is a good book. I just told myself last week that I needed to read it. Now I have one more reason. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...