Thursday, September 25, 2014

Weird Day.

I had zero intentions of blogging today, because STUFF, but I need a second to regroup and I'm going to use blogging to do that.

Today has been weird.



I've not been sleeping well. I wake up a hundred times in the middle of the night, then when I finally get into a good, deep sleep, my alarm goes off and I'll press snooze every 9 minutes for over an hour, sometimes almost 2 hours of pressing snooze. No, I'm not kidding. OR I'll sleep okay, but then wake up at 4am and not be able to fall back asleep, but I'll also feel very lethargic and not want to actually get out of bed to be productive with those extra hours. This has been an ongoing problem for over a month now and I'm pretty sure I know all of the causes. There just isn't a quick fix to any of them at the moment, so I'm just hanging in there.

So, naturally I didn't sleep well last night. Actually, last night I woke up twice in the middle of the night, but then also woke up at 5:15am and couldn't fall back asleep. I entertained the idea of going to the gym, but instead I turned on Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. That's the HP where Aragog dies, by the way.

So then I got into my car, where I had left the windows halfway down all night, and there was a giant, huge, enormous spider just chilling on the passenger seat. I named him Aragog, obviously, and freaked the hell out. Spiders don't really bother me so much, not like ants do (omg i can't handle ants), but this was a big, scary spider.

Also at work today I've been listening to Glee songs on Spotify all morning. I have no idea why. Every time I hear a song with Lea Michele and Cory Monteith singing together my heart hurts a little. Especially when it's some cute love song. Ugh.

Oh and this morning I was included in an email that I had no business being included in. Way above my pay grade and I don't understand at all why I was included. Especially when none of my peers were included. I mean, if the email came with a raise, I'd be all for it, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I didn't intended to be a Debbie Downer and complain-y today, but damnit, it happened anyway. Sometimes I put so much effort into making sure my stress doesn't show for others that occasionally I come crashing down. Right now I'm sitting at the office by myself and I'm just tired of being stressed.

But a couple deep breaths and plastering a smile on my face and I'll be good as new.

10 comments:

  1. Always awkward when you are added to an E-mail or discussion that isn't supposed to be for you- hopefully not an HR nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having such a tough time sleeping. I deal with insomnia (it's been ongoing for about a year and a half now) so unfortunately I know your pain all too well and I know how much it sucks. Just try and hang in there.
    I'm not a fan of self medication, but usually when I have 3-4 REALLY bad nights in a row (being awake for large chunks of time each night) then I'll take a gravol before bed or a melatonin. They don't work for me if I take them every night but both are effective for me if I use them only once or twice a week when I'm desperate. Maybe give it a shot?
    <3 Hope your day turns around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you girl. I've been stressed and sleeping like absolute crap for weeks and I'm pretty much ready to be done with all that noise. I don't have any advice, just Internet hugs. Hope for some sunshine soon. Also, WARN A GIRL before Harry Potter spoilers! (I've just finally started the series myself and am in the middle of Goblet of Fire right now. I know it's my own fault for being 15 years late but OMG HP spoilers are all over blogland!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl. We are one in the same. I have been sleeping THE WORST lately! I even bought sleeping pills and they weren't helping. Then the last two nights happened and I had TV shows I wanted to watch that were on until 11 and I thought it was pointless to take them at 11. Not getting good sleep totally throws my day off too. We will get thru this and if not, we can just sleep allllllll day long on Saturday. Or you can. Sorry for all the "we" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, we all need and well deserve a no meaning vent post every so often. I'm sorry to hear that you're not sleeping well lately, there's nothing worse then having your sleep schedule messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just wish you could take like a solid 6 months off? Maybe not do anything - but just take care of yourself and just be. Ugh. I am feeling you girl - feeling you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I recently became an Arbonne consultant. They are an all-natural health and beauty product company. My favorite product is the Sleep Spray. It has melatonin, chamomile, and a few other herbs to help you naturally fall asleep and stay asleep. I was having a horrible time sleeping and that changed as soon as I got this spray. Let me know if you want to order some and give it a try.
    https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=6218&menuId=&withLinks=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep seems to be evading more than a few people i know lately, including myself. I end up reading super late and when I feel like it's late enough I just lay in bed thinking too much. Once I do fall asleep my husband wakes me up by elbowing me or kneeing me or just plain rolling over on me. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I've found myself suffering wit insomnia as well lately. Have you tried Melatonin or Valerian Root? it doesn't always work but it is worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am OBSESSED with pictures of the sky. I have SO many in my camera roll. Awesome shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...