Thursday, July 10, 2014

Things I Really, Really Needed To Share With You

I have important shit to throw at you today.

Now I'm laughing a little because "important shit" is almost an oxymoron, right? If it's "important" then should I really refer to it as "shit"? Probably not.

Why don't I just erase that opening sentence and start over? Why am I writing like this is a diary and I'm talking to myself? Life's greatest mysteries, kids. Don't try to understand me.

This post has already gotten out of hand. I've said shit three four times and I'm having conversations with myself and you're all probably out there talking shit crap about me and saying things like "why doesn't she just get to the point? why is she rambling like a psycho? why am I reading this?".

HAHAH, I crack myself up.
So, anyway, I'm probably not alone in this, but I have so many things bookmarked on my computer. Any good article I've read or something I want to remember, I just bookmark it. For some reason the last 2 weeks I've bookmarked a ton of things with the intention of tweeting them out at random times because I think people NEED to read/watch these.

Problem is that I always forget to tweet them. However, these are things I really want to share with everyone and I think they're worth your time to check them out. Seriously. So damnit, this is my blog and I'm going to force feed you guys these links/articles/videos and you're going to like it!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

If for some strange reason you haven't listened to Sam Smith's version of Whitney Houston's How Will I Know, then you need to do that, immediately. Such a good cover of such a good song!


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I came across this awesome blog post by Nicole Antoinette about how it's okay to be a beginner. I can't even tell you how much I needed to read this article. This is so well written and so motivating and I so recommend reading it! I was blown away by some of the points she made and I have quoted her article out loud multiple times since reading it. There is no shame in being a beginner.

Also Nicole's bio starts off with "I'm Nicole Antoinette, and I'm obsessed with helping you build a bullshit-free life" and that's all it took for me to want to read every post she's ever written, ever.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Next up I want to point you all in the direction of Elite Daily. The brand themselves on being "The Voice of Generation Y".. Which is us. I've become slightly in love with this website, so there isn't necessarily a specific article I want to point your toward, but more of just toward the website as a whole. It's got a little bit of everything, including real and actual news.

But it doesn't stop there. They have so many different things that I can't even go into them all, but I'm telling you that you should at the very least check them out. There's humor, there's current events, and there's also a lot of articles about things people actually want to know. Honestly, it's a little like having a ton of really, really good blog posts in one spot. I check Elite Daily every day.

It has my stamp of approval.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I've mentioned this guy before, but I'm going to mention him again, kind of. Joe Santagato is funny. Rude and inappropriate, but really funny. Every Thursday he does a podcast with Kate Wolff (who is a stand-up comedian and mom and funny as shit) and I listened to them all last week (there are only like 3) and I laughed a lot.

I'm telling you right now, if you are easily offended then this podcast isn't for you, at all. However, if you aren't easily offended and you don't mind listening to 40 minutes of people talking about sex and drugs, then this is for you. Also, bonus, there should be a new podcast today since it's Thursday.


I'm throwing another disclaimer on here because I just know that someone is going to listen to a podcast and then send me hate mail. So listen to me - If things like talking about 69 or talking about taking a girls virginity and getting a receipt for it so you can return it offends you, then don't listen. I'm not kidding, this is not a drill, there is not joke here. I think it's funny because I take it for what it is, which is a joke. They're comedians. But if you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I actually have a lot of other things I want to throw at you guys, but I leave for Vegas in a few hours and I haven't finished packing and my sister has been blowing up my phone and I have a lot of things that need done.. Like now.
So, I'll force feed you guys things I like another time.

Much love.
Peace and sisterhood and all that jazz.
Vegas, here we commeeeeeee

12 comments:

  1. I met Nicole in Vegas one year and she is just as amazing in real life. So inspiring and real and instantly your friend. An awesome read for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and I loved the post about being beginners. I know I definitely struggle with not comparing myself to others and remembering how far I've come. I hope you have an awesome time in vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover. AMAZING. I like covers though because sometimes they are better than the original. And Elite Daily has now made it to my daily reading list. Thank you. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sex and drugs and funny podcast RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! ALSO SAME SMITH FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ill have to check that out when Im not at work no speakers BOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh. Sometimes I love covers more than I love originals...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam Smith's cover is amazing!! I love him!! I love your blog too! So glad I followed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of Elite Daily. Will check out Nicole Antoinette. Have fun in Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That podcast sounds like something I would seriously enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sam Smith cover is amazing and I subscribed to Elite Daily and I am definitely not regretting it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also bookmark about every other thing I see and never get around to sharing it! But I would love to see more of these posts, it was definitely fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. its always good to share things and all.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/07/social-sunday_13.html

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...