I guess I'm going to start with the baby elephant in the room.. or on the blog or whatever.
Neither Allie nor I showed up for Tough It Out Tuesday yesterday. Here's the thing.. Allie and I had a chat on Monday night and we both decided that it's time to take a break from TIOT. Maybe not forever, but also maybe for forever. We both have a lot on our plate right now and we both feel like our TIOT posts were getting redundant. We were both running out of things to talk about every Tuesday. Also, right now I feel like doing my healthy lifestyle stuff quietly. Just a thing I want to try. Nothing personal, trust me.
I've said it several times now, but I want to emphasize that this was a decision made by both of us and we both fully support the other one! Blog rumors get to flying around these parts and I don't wanna hear it, so like I said - I love Allie, I'm fairly certain Allie likes me, we just didn't like the linkup anymore. To everyone who linked up with us - We both love you too and if you ever need any motivation or pep talks, shoot one of us an email. We would be MORE than happy to do anything we could to help you! I'm positive.
|"i just want a kiiiisssss"|
Now, I've flown several times and I'm not afraid of it or anything. Well, okay, honesty hour - It is a little weird that I'll be moving through the clouds in a big metal tube. Right? That's kind of weird. Maybe even a little scary if I think about it too long… So I just won't think about it anymore.
Flying alone though? All new to me. I've never flown without a group. Never even just 2 people, actually. Always a group. Which I just realized.
On one hand, I'm looking forward to it -
- I won't have anyone to talk to, so my people watching will be at an all time high and I truly love a good people watching session. Airports hold so many good opportunities for that.
- I won't have to wait on anyone to get through security. I won't have to wait on anyone to use the bathroom. I won't have to wait on anyone to do anything. I'll be on my own schedule.
- Sometimes I enjoy being alone. I'm not a hermit, Ma, I swear.
On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to it -
- I'll be sitting next to strangers on all of my flights and everyone knows how much the middle seat sucks.
- I'm not 100% sure I actually know what I'm doing. I'm basically just going to be wandering around until someone points me in the right direction and tells me exactly what to do.
- The layovers, ugh. But I discovered yesterday that my layover on the way down to Florida isn't as long as I thought it was, so that's a bonus.
- From security to boarding everything about the airport tends to annoy me a little and I won't have anyone to complain to.
No, but really, I'm about 90% excited and only 10% actually worried. So I think those are pretty good stats. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Don't.. Don't answer that.