Wednesday, November 20, 2013

$5 or Less Wall Art!

If you read my November Goal list (which you should have) then you know that one of my goals was to finally get something hung on my bedroom walls.

Speaking of, if you've been around a while, then you know my apartment is cheap and I have great landlords. However, the inside of my apartment looks like it hasn't been updated since 1975. Wood paneling, all over the place. You've been warned.

So anyway, back to business.. Hanging things on my bedroom wall.

I only had 3 things I absolutely needed:
1. For this project to be cheap.
2. For this project to be meaningful
3. For this project to incorporate some of the new colors I wanted to add to my bedroom. Aka a color scheme.

So here's where I ended up.


Materials, you ask?



3 Square Wood Frames from Michael's. ($0.99 each.)
3 Martha Stewart paint colors (i already owned them)
3 Photos (free, i printed them on regular old paper, because i'm cheap)

Directions?

Pretty straight forward.
I painted the frames using a regular old craft paintbrush.
I let them air dry.
I let them sit around for 2+ months.
I printed off 3 pictures on plain computer paper.
I was just going to test those photos in the frames and them go get them printed.
I decided the plain computer paper was going to work just fine.
I hung the frames using 3M strips.
Done.


The photos are pictures of my favorite place. New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
2 photos of the beach that my Stepdad took and 1 photo of the best restaurant, ever, Breakers that I took over the summer.

Cheap? Check.
Meaningful? Check.
Color Scheme? Check. (well it's coming right along anyway) (also, the colors look weird in the photos. they're actually pretty in person. fits my grey and white color scheme juuuuust fine)


Bing, Bang, Boom.
Hugs, Kisses, and High fives!

7 comments:

  1. Cute, easy, and cheap. I love it! Great way to add some color...I have some rooms I need to do this in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a basement full of wood panelling... good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I have a spot where this might work! How big are the frames?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. And if you think that wood paneling is bad, you should have seen the paneling in my old house... it was fake, cheap looking and was coming apart from the walls. Awful! I have nightmares about the stuff.

    Jamie @
    The Growing Up Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh super cute! and they go well with the wood paneling even!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, what a clever idea to jazz up a room for cheap. Looks fab.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...