Then last night I held true to my word and I was about to start emptying out my purse when I read Becca's blog and she announced that she was co-hosting a link-up with Rachael, Heather, and Lisa. It's a What's In Your Bag link-up and I figured, why the heck not?Tonight, TONIGHT I will clean out my purse. #blackhole— Kay (@MissKayStoll) August 4, 2014
I did decide to put my little spin on it though. I chose to just show you guys exactly what came out of my purse as I emptied it out. Which was a little funny and a little embarrassing.
Here's the purse I started with, which I had never intended to use as a long term purse. I bought it right before I went to Florida. I was flying and I wanted a really large, bag-like purse to use. After Florida I only had a week before I was going to be on a plane again for Vegas, so I just didn't switch out purses. Truthfully, love this bag, but it's huge and a blackhole. Things were getting lost too easily.
So I literally dumped my purse on my table. Do you see what I was working with? A mess.
The whole mess all sorted for you.
Let's take a closer look, shall we?
1. Receipts. Lowe's, T.J. Maxx, Target x2, Kroger x2, and Walmart. Does anything create a bigger mess faster than a bunch of receipts?
2. Lots of paint samples because I was trying to explain the color scheme I wanted to my grandparents. However, I'm only letting you guys see this little sneak peek.
3. Some random brochure I got in the backseat of a Vegas cab.
4. My wallet.
5. My new "travel" planner and a spare notebook. Don't try to understand me.
6. Checks, that I usually wouldn't carry around with me, but I put them in there to remind myself that I need to order new checks. But of course they've just been in the blackhole, so I've totally forgotten.
8. Some random brochure my bank gave me last week.
9. Notes I've written to myself such as shopping lists, blog ideas, podcasts I need to remember to look up, etc.
10. Things to put in my water. I'm obsessed with these things and I'm anal about making sure I'm never without some. Clearly.
12. Hand sanitizer.
13. Lotion, because obviously ONE just isn't enough.
14. One single paper clip.
15. 50 cents.
16. Old IU Baseball ticket, which is only odd because it's from May and I didn't even own this purse in May, so I have no idea how it got into this purse.
16. Hair ties and bobby pins. Absolute necessities.
17. Comb. That I always forget I have.
18. Emergency eyeliner, just in case, but I haven't used it in months and months and I just keep shuffling it from purse to purse.
19. Tampons, because it's always better to be prepared.
20. Lipsticks and chapsticks.
22. Writing utensils.
So now I've decided to temporarily go back to one of my old purses until I find something new!
Yay for a fun link-up to show everyone my huge mess.