I was nominated for a Liebster Award.. twice! (i should point out that i'm still not sure what a liebster award is, but i'm gonna go with the flow) I was waiting to see if this was a joke or not, but so far no one has jumped out and told me I've been punked (i'm talking to you ashton k.) so I guess let's get a move on. #longpostwarning
First of all, check out the girls who nominated me! I stalk them on the regular, so join me in stalking them.
There are rules for this apparently..
- The nominee must list 11 facts about themselves
- The nominee must answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator
- The nominee must nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts About Kay
- I have had a total of 17 teeth pulled. Say what? 3 were my wisdom teeth and 14 were baby teeth. When I was a kid I refused to wiggle my tooth loose. So I had quite the issue that my dentist resolved by pulling them out constantly. Sweet guy.
- I didn't break a bone until I was 18, when I broke 3.. in my foot.. stepping off of a curb..
- I have a serious addicition to tv crime shows. NCIS, NCIS:LA, Criminal Minds, Bones, Law & Order: SVU, CSI, CSI:NY, Dexter, I could go on and on..
- From age 4 to 14 I danced at a dance studio and loved it.
- I was in a show choir (singing and dancing, picture Glee) all 4 years of high school (hey, it's a really big deal at my high school) and I was dance caption for 2 years and president of the group my senior year. Holla.
- I haven't had soda for over 2 years and I don't miss it, at all.
- I cheated running the mile in high school gym. Could be part of the reason I'm not a size 6 now.
- My step-dad and older brothers still call me "Stripe-r" because when I was 13 and in Florida I put my sunscreen on my face a little uneven somehow and ended up with a big red stripe down the middle of my forehead all the way down my nose. I will never live it down.
- My family is one big bunch of smartasses. Seriously, we're a hot mess.
- 2 out of my 3 grandmas have a Twitter account. They don't know how to use it, but they creep on my siblings and I. It's funny. All 3 of my parents also have Twitters. I totally don't mind or care. No secrets in this family.
- I think I have a touch of OCD and I definitely can have a type A personality sometimes. Judge me.
- If the story of your life was being made into a movie who would you want to play you? I would totally want a no name to play me. Someone straight out of acting school or from Indie films. Then I'd want the role of Kay to give them their big break. Is that narcissistic?
- What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Cran and Goose all day long. That's cranberry juice and vodka for those who don't pretend they're a white rap star. Also wine.. lots of wine..
- What is your favourite online shopping website? Can I just say Etsy and be done with it? I shop on Etsy a lot. Too, too much.
- What is one beauty product you can't live without? Mascara.
- What is your favourite season? I think Fall is always going to have my heart, but the older I get the more I appreciate Spring and then of course, who doesn't love Summer? Basically I just
- If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose, and why? Since I didn't get to see even a little bit of the 80's (i was born january 1990) I'd probably go to the 80's. My parents talk it up a lot.
- Coke or Pepsi? Water.
- If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be? Mac and Cheese.
- What's your biggest fear? Right now, it's not ever getting married. Not ever finding "the one". Keeps me up sometimes, even though I know that rationally, I have plenty of time.
- What movie makes you cry? Easier question.. What movie doesn't make me cry? I can be an emotional person and I've been told I have a lot of empathy for other people, so I cry at movies all the time.
- If you could live in the home of any television series, which would it be? Is it weird that I totally love the 2 Broke Girls apartment? Totally not my usual style, but there's just something about it..
- What was the happiest moment of your life? I'm not even sure how to answer this. I feel like my life has been filled with lots of happy moments. I have to say though, that my little sister (aka my best friend) graduated in the spring of 2012 and that day, man, I think that was the perfect day. Everything about it made me happy and seeing her happy made me happy. Seeing my parents proud made me happy. Seeing my siblings happy for another sibling made me happy.
- What are your hobbies? DIYing, reading, blogging, obsessing over my favorite tv shows.
- What is your dream job? That's a damn good question.
- What is one of your guilty pleasures? Swamp People and Duck Dynasty. I'm addicted and I love them and I don't know why!
- What is your favorite feature? I've been told I have pretty eyes and a pretty smile. I suppose I should be grateful for them, but I'd love to hear that I have great legs or perfect arms or a skinny waist. Ya feel me?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? In the process of exactly that! I'm going to lose weight. I'm going to be thinner. Maybe not ever "skinny" but damnit, I'll be thinner.
- If you knew you had 24 hours to live, what would you do? Make sure my family knew I loved them and what I loved about them. Then I'd probably write letters. Write a ton of letters to tons of different people telling them whatever I needed to tell them.
- Why did you start blogging? To comment on other blogs and hold myself accountable.
- What is one thing you could not live without? My sister. End of story. I know one day I'll have to live without my parents, and I truly love my brothers, love them to pieces. But my sister and I are close, a lot closer than a lot of sisters, and I don't want to ever have to live without her. I must die first.
- What is your favorite song? This is a joke, right? I could never in a million years choose just one song.
- What is the worst thing you have ever eaten? Eggplant. I can't get into that.
- What was the first blog you started reading?
- If you were another person, why would you be friends with you?
- What's the story behind your name?
- If you had an unlimited budget and could travel anywhere for 1 week, where would you go?
- Do you have a special talent?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- What's hidden under you bed?
- Describe the last dream you remember having.
- What is the next planned event you're looking forward to?
- What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Drumroll Please.. Ahemmm..
- Not Your Typical Jersey Girl
- That Aha Moment
- The Journey To Get ME Back
- The Not So Secret Lemne Life
- Code Blog
- PG Sisters
- My Inner Butterfly
- Less of Me, More to Life
- Write This Down
- Life By Lex
- Southern Sass
Anyway, rant over. Thanks again to the girls who nominated me, I feel so honored. Even though I'm still not sure what this is. But I love my little blog world and I'm happy to do my part!