Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday - The Goal Edition

Lots and lots to discuss today!
First, welcome back to Tough It Out Tuesday!

The Best Of Intentions

The "rules" are simple -
1. On Tuesdays write a post about anything fitness, weight loss, healthy living, etc. etc. and link up with Allie and I.
2. This isn't strict or heavily structured. Allie and I really just wanted a mutual place to motivate each other and everyone else who drops by!
3. The main, big, huge purpose of this link up is to motivate and encourage others. I would really love it if you'd take the time to click around the links listed below and give some words of encouragement to everyone else. Maybe even let them know that they aren't alone in their journey. Sometimes that's all someone needs.


Alright, second, if you remember on our last edition of Tough It Out Tuesday, I told you guys that I lost the DietBet I was in. 0.8lbs away. Frustration tears occurred.
Well, the rest of last week I was in a funk. BUT I also did some thinking and some planning.
I read this really wonderful article that I can't find now, but in the article the author was really stressing how important it was to really think through your goals and to write them down. She also discussed writing down your "whys". WHY are these your goals? WHY do you want them? WHY are you going to succeed? WHY have you failed before? She stressed over and over again how important the "whys" were to your goals and their success.
So I spent last week writing all of these down.
It might seem like a waste of time.. It isn't.
It was such a good experience.
Now, I took my time writing everything down and going back the next day and revising it and then adding to it the day after that and scratching out things the day after that, but this is absolutely something you could do in one sitting. And it's worth it. No one else ever has to see it except for you.


This brings me to today.
Today I'm making goals.
So here's my current plan..

>>It is full steam ahead with my 5k training. If we are being honest, then honestly, I think that I need to run a 5k more than I need anything in the world at this point. I need it.
>>I'm going to do a 30 Day Shred challenge. Yesterday was Day 1. I'm doing it on top of my 5k training and any other gym time I get in. I took "before" pictures and measurements yesterday and I will take "after" pictures and measurements at the end of the 30 days. Good or Bad, I'm posting them.

I made a little template so that I can cross off every day after I do the 30 Day Shred.


So now I have 2 questions:
1. Who wants to join me in my 30 Day Shred Challenge?
2. Who is linking up with Allie and I today?

The Best Of Intentions




12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your results at the end of 30 days! I own the 30 Day Shred but have never even used it Honestly it's been because she completely terrifies me on The Biggest Loser and I don't think I could handle her yelling at me in my own living room lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and do a post this eve- this is a great idea, i'm going to the gym tonight and would love to be able to do a 5k , have you seen that couch to 5k app it's so good!
    www.thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am doing the 30 day shred too! i hate it so much... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing down goals and saying them out loud (even to yourself) is one of the biggest keys to success! Keep it up and I look forward to seeing how you like the shred!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 30 day shreds is a great way to have something to go along with just the 5k running! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the 30 Day Shred dvd and a few of her other ones also. I think I've used it twice. I always say I'm going to do it consistently and I never stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the 30 day shred and made it to like day 15. I got tired of doing the same thing over and over. It was a good workout though. Might need to try it again since that was awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals! Can't wait to hear about your progress some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl. You are my hero! I am so proud of what you are doing and seriously need to do this for me as well. 30DS is definitely something I want to try, so it's on my list for after I finish t25. Make sure to save that template for me k?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya know... It took me a minute to see that YOU are the reason I posted my running post!!! I was like WOW these 2 bloggers and of course I know Allie, are spilling their guts about dieting... and why can't i?! SO thank you for posting this and I too will be joining you each Tuesday, and in 5 weeks, I'll be posting my Gamma results... I'm scared but it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Bloglovin! It didn't show me your post. Ok, I need info on this shred because it might be what I need! Email me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...