Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hodge Podge Post

Happy Tuesday!

Today's post might be the only post that happens this week.

I may have mentioned in the past that I have 2 jobs. I don't like to be bored, ya know? Well one of my jobs involves taxes. For those who don't know, the tax deadline is April 15th. That's next Monday. I worked 16 hours yesterday. And that's pretty much going to be the norm for this entire week..


So, yep. That's that. I probably won't be around blog world much this week, but I'm hoping to come back in full force next week. Wish me luck.

Switching gears a little here.. I meal prepped like crazy this weekend! I knew I was going to be busy this week and I really wanted to resist eating out, so I just made a ton of food so that all week I'd be forced to eat "leftovers". I made smashed potatoes. I cooked up some plain pasta. I cut up some fruit. I made portion sized carrot bags. I even made bbq chicken in the crock pot.


Bad picture because I took it with my phone and in my dark kitchen at night. So this week I have no excuse not to eat at home and eat some healthier things. Hallelujah.

Switching gears again..

I've been going strong on my spring fitness plan. I did C25K on Saturday, Jillian on Sunday, took yesterday as my rest day, and I'll be doing C25K tonight. I did skip last Friday, but it was actually an accident, so I'm not beating myself up over it. If all goes well, this will be this week's plan..

Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - C25K
Wednesday - Jillian
Thursday - C25K
Friday - Jillian
Saturday - C25K
Sunday - Jillian

If rain throws a wrench in my plan, then I might have to adjust Thursday - Sunday. I really don't want to keep putting 2 days in between C25K, because I don't know yet if that'll affect my ability to move to the next level. I haven't gotten far enough to figure that out.

I also keep laughing at myself, because I hate running. I used to cheat on the mile run in gym class for crying out loud. So what in the world makes me think I can run a 5k? It's actually quite hilarious to picture myself running bouncing across a finish line.

Oh and if you're doing any kind of a Spring fitness plan thingy, link up with KTJ! She's on a mission and wants to have a virtual 5k at the end. Such a good, cute idea! So link up, because I said so.

button

Switching gears once again, it was my Daddy's birthday this weekend! So here's a little shout out to my dad! I still talk to this man, every single day. No joke. He's a big reason I'm so into sports. Poor guy really needed to have a boy and got 2 girls instead. He loves me, he supports me, and he's one of my best friends. I'm lucky to have such good relationships with all 3 of my parents (mom, dad, and stepdad). Happy Birthday, Daddy! 


 Switching gears one more time..

This is the survey portion of the blog post. I know like 5 people read this, but I have QUESTIONS and I need ANSWERS!

Question #1 - Does anyone have any good stretches they do before and after a workout that they recommend? I'm sore and the only time it feels a little better is when I stretch, so I was wondering if there is a better stretch I should be doing? etc. Help me!

Questions #2 - Does anyone want to send me funny things this week to make me smile so I don't want to shoot my eyeball out at work? kstoll129(at)gmail(dot)com

Questions #3 - Who else hates Jillian? Like with a burning, fiery passion? And yet still continues to press play on their dvd day after day? (me, me, ME!)


Okay, I guess I have to get back to work now.
Good luck this week guys! And keep me updated on blog world!
I'll be checking my twitter and my emails!


5 comments:

  1. That is awesome how much you meal planned since you knew you would be so busy, I can't even imagine 16 hour work days, much less for a whole week! I am doing a C25K also and I run on Tues, Thurs and Sat, starting the new week every Tues, so there are two rest days between the levels for me and it seems to be ok for me. I'm heading into week 5 today :) wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not envy your job, but I do appreciate it. Tax time is brutal!
    And I, too, hate Jillian and want to punch her on an almost daily basis.
    Good luck with getting through the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats horrible that you have to work so much! At least there is hopefully a little at the end of the tunnel since it should be over soon.

    I just kinda...stretch which is good. One of the things that has been helping me since starting my weight loss journey is having a protein shake after I work out. I noticed I'm hardly ever sore the next day. Sometimes its just in my core like a "Oh, yea...I worked it out yesterday!" kind of sore.

    I just got a protein that the gym teacher from my school sugested. I don't want to be bulky, just repair my muscles after a good work out. I got it from GNC. It's called Isopure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meal prep is something I have the best intentions about doing but I haven't really ever done it. I definitely need to give it a go!

    Hope this week goes by quickly for you and you can come back to blogging a bit more afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuuum that bbq chicken looks delicious! What's the recipe? Totally need to make that. And I seriously need to get back into meal planning...because the week I don't prepare, I eat like crap and spend too much money!

    I think that workout plan is going to be mine this week, too! Let's do this, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...